Monday, January 4, 2010

Black Men DO Still Love the Sistas



On the heels of a rather discouraging Nightline news segment about the disparaging marriage rates among successful black women, it was a breath of fresh air to see the fourth annual “Will You Marry Me” feature in the upcoming February issue of Essence Magazine.


The contest invites black men to surprise the special women in their lives with a marriage proposal in the pages of Essence. Just when Nightline and mainstream media seemed to convey that “fabulously ever after” is not a dream the sistas should hold on to, witnessing love-struck black men eager to get down on bended knee proves otherwise.

Meet the couples and take a look at the proposals below!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's true. I know I love my black queens.

Anonymous said...

Me too I love me some sistahs...