Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Fabulously Ever After Wedding: Al & Tamari Hagens

Earlier, I shared a picture of my sister and I at her August 2008 wedding. Her FABULOUS wedding was my first experience helping to plan a beautiful event from start to finish. Most of the creative direction came from my mother, who had great décor ideas that cost way less than I could have imagined. Take a look at some pics from the fabulous event!

Couple: Alvin and Tamari Hagens
Date: August 2, 2008
Ceremony: Cerritos Performing Arts Center
Reception: Cerritos Sheraton
Design and Planning: My mother and I, with input and coordination from Serenity Events







Though the wedding wasn’t Indian themed, the bride and bridesmaids wore Indian saris for their attire. The unique wrapping styles worked perfectly for the bridesmaids’ varying body shapes, and met the brides expectations for something “diva” and out of the ordinary.

I simply can't say enough about how lighting can transform even the most generic room into something spectacular. The up-lights really set the ambiance in this otherwise bland space. 

This cake by Rossmoor Pastries was amazing!


Photos courtesy of Janel at Focus Photo, Inc.

No comments: