Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wedding & Event Beauty Tip: Eyebrow Shaping

While waiting my turn in line to get my eyebrows threaded the other day, I was reminded of an important tip that I'm sure all my fabulous female readers will appreciate.

When preparing for you wedding or event, always schedule your eyebrow grooming appointment for several days before your actual event date. NEVER get your eyebrows waxed or threaded the day of, or day before your big day. Waxing especially causes skin discoloration because it removes the top layer of skin. And, depending on how sensitive your skin is, both procedures can cause mild to severe blemishes and breakouts.

My advice, don't risk it. Schedule your eyebrow treatment for 5-7 days before your event. If you're worried about new growth during that time, simply break out the trusty tweezers. Make sure not to alter the shape of your freshly arched brows; just tweeze the random little hairs that may develop, which should be minimal.


Eyebrows looking fresh several days after threading 

First image via www.ehow.com


No comments: