Monday, June 28, 2010

Custom Wedding & Engagement Jewelry by Laurie Sarah Designs

If you're looking for a wedding or engagement ring and the mass produced selections at your local jewelry store just aren't making your heart skip a beat like a proper engagement ring should, why not go custom?

This past weekend, I encountered custom jeweler Laurie Sarah Designs at a bridal industry event and was in complete and total awe of the beautiful pieces the Laurie Sarah team had on display. The one-of-a-kind peices were not only gorgeous and 100% original, but prices of the quality diamonds, gemstones and precious metals used were a fraction of what you would expect to pay at a store front. And as a jewelry addict myself, I found Laurie Sarah's design and manufacturing process quite interesting. Head over to the Laura Sarah Designs Etsy Shop for hundreds of examples of their work, but here are just a few samples for your viewing pleasure :)

I LOVED this unique design, which is also shown second from the left in the first image

Black diamonds are in high demand these days and Laurie Sarah has access to them in every size and shape

They also make rings with precious gemstones like this purple amethyst

Can we say GORGEOUS!

4 comments:

Trudy said...

Love the amethyst! That is my birth stone and that ring is bangin'!

Fabulously Ever After said...

Aren't they gorgeous?!? I would gladly rock any one of these. No pun intended. lol

casey said...

Wow, these really are beautiful! I agree...the amethyst is unique and pretty! I think the colored stones are so creative and really stand out, but sometimes they look cheesy...what do you look for if you opt to go for a colored diamond/stone? I'm not a diamond expert, so do you have recommended resources to learn more about diamonds?

Fabulously Ever After said...

That's a good questions, Casey. I'm not sure what to look for in a colored gem either. I found a couple links that might offer some insight though:

http://www.agta.org/gemstones/index.html
http://www.kay.com/lwp/wcm/connect/Kay/Education+Center/Gemstone+Guide/